Thursday, November 6, 2008

The countdown begins!

I went to my appointment today and am pleased to say...

There's even more progress in the baby department!

Everything is looking good and my midwife Jamie told me that I am 50% effaced (thinned out) and finally dilated. Ok its only a 1/2 cm but it's something! She is ballparking Ava to be about 7 lbs right now and is guessing she'll be in the 8 lb range at birth. Ava is ready to come out and in the right position! Everything looks great and who knows when she will come. It could be 2 weeks or tomorrow! I'm hoping for closer to tomorrow! I'm ready to have her here! So is her daddy! We hope you all have enjoyed joining us for this awesome baby journey and hope you continue after she arrives! Trust me...I am going to stay up on adding to the blog as much as I can!



One more bit of news...we've had a call on Cooper and he could be going to a new home as early as Saturday! It's kind of sad but good due to timing and such. I hope it turns out to be his forever home, but I will sure miss our "little guy"! He's grown leaps and bounds being here in both his trust and personality. This is why we do what we do when we foster...but I have to remind myself of that especially when they may get adopted! I'm sure (knowing me) there will be lots of tears...but happy ones!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEEEAAHHHH!!!!!! I can't believe it!! Ava is almost here!!!! I can't wait to meet your little girl!!!!

Mele

The Lenhardt's said...

Yay for a good appointment! It was so great seeing you Wednesday! I needed some Brie time. :) I am so happy for Cooper! He looks adorable in that picture! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I will miss Cooper, I liked him a lot.
Grandma Joyce

Pack your bag honey !!!
Ava Joy is getting prepared for her journey ....
she wants to look at the faces from all the voices she has heard!!!!