Ava has been showing that she really wants to roll this past week and we've been helping her over to learn. But she blew us away this Saturday when she did it all by herself!
The thing is...no one was around to witness it!
Ricky laid her on her play mat on her back and went upstairs to bring me the vacuum (Piper chewed up a poopy diaper and there were bits of it on the carpet ~ damn dog), and he came back down a couple minutes later and Ava was on her tummy! He called me to come down and I hesitated, but came down with his persistant calling. I saw her on her tummy and couldn't believe I missed her rolling for the first time!
I started crying (shocker)...I felt guilty I wasn't there (sniff sniff). I am with the girl all day everyday, and I miss one of the more important milestones in her life to date! I was devastated! I actually was sobbing once I started thinking about that. Anyway, I was so proud of her that I just had to see it, so I stuck her on her back to re-enact it. Sure enough, the little girl got right over that arm and TA DA! I got to see it! I was so proud of her!
We went out to my Grandma's house to introduce her to Ava and we got to show everyone (My uncle, his wife, my cousin and of course Great Grandma) Ava's new "trick"! I of course had to get video of it for you all to see!
Go Ava!
She doesn't roll every time now, but when she does...
she gets to her tummy and thinks "Now What?"
I've been told...I'm in trouble now...because that's all she'll do now...OH WELL! It's all part of growing up! I love all her new accomplishments!
One more thing...sorry...I have a really high voice in the video...sorry again.
4 comments:
YAY Ava! What a big girl. LOVE the signature high voice. HaHA
Way to go Ava! What a peanut :)
Way to go Ava! That is so great that you caught it on tape.
Ava, it was so nice of you to wait to roll over until I got there!!
Love, Grammy
Post a Comment